Main Functions and Duties
- Oversee and guide all decisions taken by the Committee.
- In conjunction with the secretary, prepare and present the annual report.
- Liaise with the secretary on the Agenda for each meeting and approve the minutes before they are circulated
- Be completely familiar with the constitution, club rules, committee procedures and the Scottish Swimming rules and regulations
- Liaise with the Treasurer to ensure effective financial management of the club
- Help prepare and submit any statutory documents that are required (e.g. grant applications, grant aid reports)
- Chair the General Committee meetings and the AGM
- Attend and represent BASC at all FIRST meetings, including their AGM or delegate as appropriate to Vice President (FIRST)
- Provide line management for paid and voluntary staff
- Support and encourage the work of all involved
- Handle complaints appropriately
- Promote the need for regular training for all staff
- Ensure that the Club has up to date policies, such as Child Protection, Discipline and Complaint etc.
- Ensure an effective, safe environment for all
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Approachable & friendly
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Confident in keeping order during meetings
- Prepared to make instant decisions when necessary
- PVG Scheme Membership
- Complete a self-declaration
- Be a member of Scottish Swimming
- Attend appropriate training
- Sign and adhere to the Club’s Volunteer Code of Conduct
Training and Support
Safeguarding & Protecting Children Workshop (renewable every 3 years)
As required to effectively run the club and can vary from week to week.