MAIN FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- To support the Head Coach to deliver a quality coaching programme to the ability of all athletes in the initial phase of our swimmer pathway.
- To support the Head Coach to provide clear, progressive and accessible development paths for athletes, and give feedback on progression in an appropriate format.
- To support Club development initiatives.
- Abide by and promote sound ethics and Club policies; child protection, fair play and equal opportunities to all members.
- To attend and contribute to appropriate coach forum meetings, representing the members in your direct care.
- Attend competitions with the children in their squad, where practical and in discussion with Head Coach.
- Attend internal time trials and annual Club Championships.
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Reliable & trustworthy
- Approachable & friendly
- Motivator & problem solver
- Complete an enhanced Disclosure Scotland check
- Sign and adhere to the Coach’s Code of Conduct
- Attend appropriate training
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Scottish Swimming UKCC Level 1 (Minimum Qualification)
- Scottish Swimming UKCC Level 2
- NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification)
- Appropriate CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children Workshop