MAIN FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- To provide quality coaching programmes to the ability of all athletes.
- To assist the athletes to achieve their full potential with the objective of achieving district / national standard.
- To lead and coordinate the coaching team, and provide advice and support to assistant coaches and helpers.
- To provide clear, progressive and accessible development paths for athletes and coaches of all abilities, and give feedback on progression.
- To support club development initiatives.
- Abide by and promote sound ethics and club policies; child protection, fair play and equal opportunities to all members.
- Liaise with the club management committee to ensure there are regular and appropriate competitive opportunities for members.
- To attend and contribute to appropriate club meetings.
SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Ability to make the session enjoyable
- Efficient and effective time management
- Show an appropriate level of technical knowledge
- Approachable and friendly
- Complete an enhanced Disclosure Scotland check
- Sign and adhere to the Coach’s Code of Conduct
- Attend appropriate training
TRAINING & SUPPORT
- Scottish Swimming UKCC Level 1
- Scottish Swimming UKCC Level 2
- Scottish Swimming UKCC Level 2 Licenced (Minimum Qualification)
- Appropriate CPD
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children Workshop