Main Functions and Duties
- Liaise with Head Coach to ensure preliminary meet entry reports are created for consideration by parents.
- Make sure that all eligible swimmers are included in a competition entry.
- Email parents requesting withdrawals by a specified deadline.
- Check and submit entries to all meets on the Club’s Competition Calendar.
- Submit entries on time together with payment of fees.
- Submit entries and pay entry fees for FIRST swimmers when requested.
- Advise parents of confirmed swims, and request entry fees due for competitions.
- Balance Competition Account to ensure all meet fees are paid.
- Attend Committee Meetings and advise of meet fee costs.
- Prepare the end of year accounts to present to the auditor and AGM.
- Act as a central reference point for the receipt of all competition information, and distribute where appropriate.
- Provide the Communications Officer with competition news and results for publication.
- Collect swimmers details for inclusion in Time Trials.
- Collate all information from swimming clubs attending the BASC Annual Mini Meet, and collaborate with the Gala Convenor and Meet Manager to ensure the Club hosts a successful event.
- Well organised and efficient.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Good administration skills.
- Sound knowledge of the Club and competition structure.
- Financial skills a benefit.
- Be a member of Scottish Swimming
- Sign and adhere to the Club’s Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Attend appropriate training
Ongoing weekly responsibility as required by the Competition Calendar and Committee Meetings. The time commitment can vary from week to week.