With the election of a new Club President and Vice President, Myles Gorton will (finally) step down after many years of hard work. His dedication and commitment to ensure the continuation of the club and helping hundreds of swimmers achieve unbelievable heights is to be applauded. Myles was still helping at the Bo'ness Mini Meet this month and I`m sure he will go out with a bang at our Club Championship and Awards Night in December. The committee wishes him and his family all the best for the future.
Hazel Glen (Competition Secretary) will be taking over the position of Club President and we wish her great success with her new role.
We also like to thank Christine Evans who stepped down from her position of communication Officer. The committee wishes her and her family all the best for the future.
After the August committee meeting we are happy to announce the following new elected committee members:
- Mark Beetham, Vice President.
- Udi Tiran, Communications Officer Officer.
We currently still have a vacancy for Gala Convenor.
- An Internal Time Trial will be held on Thursday 25th October from 6-9pm at BRC. Further details to follow.
- West District Senior Age Group (WD Sags) Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th October, Tollcross ISC - Glasgow.
- Eian Prentice Memorial Gala, Saturday 3rd November, Whitburn.
- West District Junior Age Group (WD JAG) Saturday 17th November & Sunday 18th November, Tollcross ISC - Glasgow.
- FVJL Sunday 18th November, Bathgate.
- Dumfries Advent Open Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th November
Congratulations to Keith Knight for passing his Judge 1 course.
Congratulations to Iona Hamilton for moving to Gold.
Congratulations to Nina Thompson-Pueyo and Alicia Evans for moving to Platinum.
Congratulations to Freya Cuthill selected Developer of the Month in September.